Statistics is a book written for first and second year students who are pursuing diploma courses in business studies, business insurance, banking, marketing, public administration, accountancy, hotel management and tourism, applied sciences, computer science, quantitative methods, statistics, actuarial science and engineering in institutes of higher learning. This book is written in a simplified manner and the concepts are easy to grasp and understand. The contents of the book are based on the Basic Statistics and Business Statistics syllabuses. The text comprises nine chapters. The concepts are explained with numerous examples and questions with answers provided. Each chapter opens with real-life applications and related pictures.
• Comprehensive notes to help students learn and understand the important concepts and theories related to statistics.
• Chapter inductions and practical examples that allow students to identify the concepts taught with real-life applications. Examples have been added to the chapters to enhance better understanding of the concepts.
• Focus on exam with worked examples and answering strategies to help students tackle exam-oriented questions. New questions have been added to the exercises.
• Summary of key terms and concepts for quick revision.
• Quick check questions to test and reinforce students’ understanding of various subtopics before they come to the end of the chapter.
• Review questions for students to practise and evaluate their mastery of various topics.